Last updated: 21 November 2022
- We may need to update this policy from time to time, including when necessary to reflect changes to our services or changes in law. When we update this policy, we will revise the "Last updated" date at the top of the policy. Where the changes are material, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you, usually by prominently posting a notice of those changes on our website or by sending you an email.
- This policy is provided for your information and does not limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 2020 (“Privacy Act”).
- In this policy, “personal information” means identifiable information about you, for example your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details and any community comments or support questions you may post. If you cannot be identified (for example, when personal information has been aggregated and anonymised) then this policy doesn’t apply.
Personal information we collect
- We collect personal information from you when you use our services (for example, when you purchase a membership, respond to a survey or make an enquiry).
Personal information you give us directly
- When you use our services, we may ask you to provide personal information to us. For example, when purchasing a membership, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth or credit card information.
Personal information we collect automatically
- Most internet browsers give you the option to reject all cookies, accept all cookies, erase cookies stored on your device or be notified before a cookie is stored on your device. However, if you reject or erase the cookies referred to above some of our services will not function properly or may not be fully available.
Personal information we get from third parties
- In most circumstances, we will collect personal information directly from you. However, in limited scenarios we might collect personal information about you from third parties or other publicly available materials. We use this information to personalise and improve our services to you and in some cases verify the personal information you provide to us. Where we collect personal information about you from any third party, we will only collect and process that information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, then we may be unable to provide you with parts or any of our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
What we use your personal information for
- Where we collect personal information about you, we will only use that information in compliance with our obligations under all applicable privacy laws. We predominantly use your personal information to provide our services to you. However, your personal information may also be used in one or more of the following ways:
(a) to better respond to your individual needs;
(b) to improve our website or services;
(c) to improve customer service;
(d) to process transactions;
(e) to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature;
(f) to send periodic emails;
(g) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports.
- We may also use your personal information to comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations, or in order to detect and/or prevent any illegal activity that may threaten any of our services and to enforce our policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety. However, we will not keep your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy.
How we may share your personal information
- There will be times when we need to share your personal information with third parties. Where we do disclose your personal information to third parties, we do so in connection with the purposes outlined above and will use reasonable efforts to make those third parties aware of the terms of this policy. We may disclose your personal information to:
(a) our affiliated companies, if applicable;
(b) third party service providers who assist and enable us to deliver our services to you. For example, web-hosting companies, providers of email management and distribution tools, providers of services that provide aggregated reports on website activity, and payment processors engaged by us to securely store or handle payments information, such as credit or debit card details;
(c) regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or otherwise comply with the law;
(d) our consultants, lawyers, accountants, insurers, and professional advisers;
(e) any party with your consent or who we are permitted by applicable law to disclose the information to;
(f) actual or potential buyers (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
How we protect your personal information
- We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a purchase or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us.
- We store your personal information within New Zealand or in countries with comparable privacy and security laws as here in New Zealand. You authorise us to transfer, store, and process your personal information in New Zealand and possibly other countries provided we comply with our obligations under all applicable privacy laws.
- We continuously implement and update our administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorised access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, despite our security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.
Your right to access personal information we hold about you
- You can request to access all personal information we hold about you and ask us to correct it if it is wrong. We will respond to your request in accordance with the process provided for in the Privacy Act or such other applicable privacy laws.
- Please note that, if you are located in New Zealand, there are some statutory exceptions (contained in Part 4 of the Privacy Act) where your request for access to your personal information may be denied. For example, any access request which involves significant work or which we reasonably believe to be vexatious (for example, unnecessary repeated requests over a short time frame) may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Kelly Mac Mobility Limited
c/- Kelly MacDonald